International Association of the Academies of Sciences (IAAS)International Association of the Academies of Sciences was created in 1993 in Kiev to facilitate cooperation between Academies of Sciences. In 2017 the National Academy of Sciences of Belarus has become the headquarters of IAAS. Chairman of the Presidium of the National Academy of Sciences of Belarus Academician Vladimir G.Gusakov was elected as the head of IAAS for a five-year term.
Brief history of the International Association of Academies of Sciences.
The constituent assembly of the International Association of Academies of Sciences at which the Agreement on creation of IAAS has been signed, took place at the Institute of Theoretical Physics of Academy of Sciences of Ukraine in Kiev on September 23, 1993. For the purpose of the extended coverage of activity of Association, expeditious informing the public interested scientific community and state bodies the official publication - the Bulletin MAAN has been founded.
The Cooperation Agreement of the International Association of Academies of Sciences and Moscow Institute of Physics and Technology according to which MIPT became the associated member of IAAS has been signed on January 24, 2000 (the resolution №100 of June 22, 2000, is also published in IAAS bulletin №21).
The similar Cooperation Agreement has been signed with Lomonosov Moscow State University on April 8, 2002 (the resolution No. 133 of May 28, 2002, is also published in IAAS bulletin №27).
Currently IAAS consists of 15 full members and 8 associated members, as well as 19 scientific councils.
IAAS full members:
1. Azerbaijan National Academy of Sciences
2. National Academy of Sciences of the Republic of Armenia
3. National Academy of Sciences of Belarus
4. Vietnam Academy of Science and Technology
5. Georgian Academy of Sciences
6. National Academy of Sciences of the Republic of Kazakhstan
7. Chinese Academy of Sciences
8. National Academy of Sciences of the Kyrgyz Republic
9. Academy of Sciences of Moldova
10. Russian Academy of Sciences
11. Academy of Sciences of the Republic of Tajikistan
12. Academy of Sciences of Turkmenistan
13. Academy of Sciences of the Republic of Uzbekistan
14. National Academy of Sciences of Ukraine
15. Montenegrin Academy of Sciences and Arts
IAAS associated memebers:
1. Belarusian Republican Foundation for Fundamental Research (Belarus)
2. Jiangxi Academy of Sciences (China)
3. Moscow Institute of Physics and Technology (State University) (Russia)
4. Lomonosov Moscow State University (Russia)
5. National Research Center “Kurchatov Institute” (Russia)
6. Joint Institute for Nuclear Research
7. Russian Foundation for Basic Research (Russia)
8. National Academy of Agrarian Sciences of Ukraine
Last update: January 22, 2019